top of page

Ripped Off! Law student fuming that all free pens from O-week contain black ink.

Student Contribution: Zoe Ellis


Local student Amelia Pond was today outraged to find out that she had been ripped off after a day at Deakin O-week.


Ms. Pond, who is going into her third year of Law at Deakin, headed into O-Week with single minded focus.


“I was ready. I went in, bought my 2023 DLSS membership, and then started the rounds of the tables. A pen from the Deakin Running Club, a pen from DUSA, a pen from the Deakin Chess club, three pens from the Commerce Society just because I could.”


But when she arrived back home to her Hawthorn share house, Ms Pond realised she had been duped.


“I started testing all my pens and it was then I realised what had happened. They all had black ink!”


It’s common knowledge that black ink is far inferior to its blue counterpart. In fact, a recent survey of Deakin students found that 97% of students found blue ink to be the best pen colour, leaving just 3% of students who were wrong. It is of course, no surprise that Ms Pond was “disgusted” to find out that her O-week haul was sub-par product.


“It’s just not okay. There’s certain things you’re entitled to, as a student, and I would say that free blue pens at O-week are one of those entitlements.


Our reporter wishes to note that all pens at the DLSS marque did, in fact, contain blue ink.


19 views

Comments


Yellow and Turquoise Vintage Rainbow Desktop Wallpaper.png
bottom of page