Challenge yourself to some self-care
Round 2 of isolation has made everything just that little bit harder. Not to worry, because we have created a self-care challenge containing 30 challenges, one for each day of September. The idea is for you to tick them all off, completing 1 each day. There is no set order, so do what works for you on the day and lets help each other get through this.
1. Declutter a space – this could be a drawer, shoe space, or your entire room!
2. Go for a walk
3. Call a friend or family member
5. Write down 3 things you are grateful for
6. Go to sleep without setting an alarm
7. Floss (you’ll thank us later)
8. Cook something yum
9. Write yourself a note for the next day (it could be a to do list, a reminder or a feel-good quote)
11. Learn a new word
12. Read (something that isn’t your 3kg textbook)
13. Watch a TED talk
14. Compliment yourself
15. Do something today your SWOTVAC self will thank you for
16. Water a plant
17. Sing (or dance) (or both)
18. Have a movie night
19. Pamper yourself with a face mask
20. Have a nap
21. Give yourself a foot massage
22. Spoil yourself with your favourite snack
23. Have a study free day (and don’t feel guilty!)
24. Get some sun
25. Clean your room
26. Listen to a podcast – maybe give the DLSS Podcast a listen!
27. Smile for 10 seconds (trust us on this)
28. Have a cup of your favourite hot drink
29. Watch something funny
30. Set a challenge for next month
It’s the little things that can really contribute to your wellbeing during this time. Don’t be tricked into thinking self-care has to be something you dedicate hours to, as you can see above, it’s doing small things daily that makes a difference.
DLSS Wellbeing Blog sponsored by